Philip Monardo has 30 years’ experience as a commercial lawyer.
During his career, he has worked in in-house roles at Hanimex Corporation Limited (where he was responsible for managing the legal side of the company’s Australian and international operations), the Sydney Swans, PC Direct Computers Pty Ltd and Leda Holdings Pty Ltd.
Working in these in-house positions was invaluable, because it gave Philip a practical understanding of how businesses operate on a day-to-day basis, as well as an appreciation of the kinds of legal challenges they face. Throughout his career, he has used this knowledge to provide clients with the pragmatic legal advice they need to continue to build and expand their businesses.
In 1981, Philip established Monardo Solicitors. His objective was to create a boutique law firm that would provide high-quality and cost-effective commercial legal advice to clients who weren’t interested in paying the exorbitant fees charged by the top-tier firms. His focus has always been on providing clients with clear and comprehensive advice that demystifies the law. Most importantly, he won’t baffle you by using legalese.
As the Principal of Monardo Solicitors, Philip has advised clients on:
- real estate law (acting for sellers and buyers, as well as property developers)
- business law (specialising in the sale and purchase of businesses, business structures and stakeholder disputes)
- franchising (advising both franchisees and franchisors on franchise structures and agreements)
- sports law (advising companies, sportspersons and sporting associations on a range of issues, including the preparation of constitutions, rules, membership disputes, player contracts and sponsorships)
- estate planning (advising both individuals and families on all issues relating to succession planning).
In his work as a franchise consultant, Philip has advised companies such as Fletchers Fotographics, Barbecues Galore and Oporto.
Over the years, he has developed a special interest in intellectual property, specifically in logo and brand trade marks. Realising that a large number of Australian businesses were not registering their trade marks because they were finding the costs involved prohibitive, he set up Trade Marks R Us® in 2012.
Trade Marks R Us is an online service that enables businesses to register their trade marks in a simple, efficient and cost-effective way.
Known for his pragmatic approach to legal problems, Philip’s priority is providing his clients with clear and direct legal advice, specifically designed to help them achieve their commercial objectives.
If you would like to chat to an experienced solicitor about how Monardo Solicitors can help you with your commercial law matter, call Philip Monardo on 0411 217 184.
- Commercial Law
- Business Purchases and Sales
- Business Structures
- Real Estate Law
- Trade Marks
- Sports Law
- Estate Planning
- Law Society of New South Wales
- IPANZ (Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc.)